Monday, May 20, 2013

My Tail

Welcome my fellow animal lovers, my name is Ana and I will be your blogger on Furever Pals!

My tail begins on a fateful night on September 1998 when my furball Choby came into my life. I had begged and pleaded with my parents for years to get a dog, that night my persistence finally paid off. Choby came home that night in the pocket of my jacket - yes ladies and gentlemen he was that tiny!

We've seen him go from a little pup discovering the world around him, to a prissy and yappy young yorkie-pooh. He loved playing with keys - yes keys! I always thought he was a bit of an oddball for that.

Choby is now 15 years old, he is a shadow of his former self. He is blind, deaf and would much rather sleep all day than be part of  commotion around him. I miss those days when he would come charging to the door to greet me. It's tough but I've come to accept that this is the circle of life.


Choby smiling for the camera

My mom asked me about a year ago if I would get another dog after Choby goes to doggy heaven. At the time, I said, "No. The thought of Choby not being here breaks my heart. He's been part of me and this family for so many years, that bringing another dog into this house just doesn't seem right."

I'm certain that dog-lovers everywhere have read a Dog's Last will before, but I'd like to share it as it explains my viewpoint today.


Thankfully, Choby is still with us, and although he is a special needs dog at his old age, he is in a loving home that tends to his needs. There are other dogs like Choby out there, however the difference is that many of them do not have loving homes.

Furever Pals is dedicated to Choby, it is my way of honoring all the love and joy he has brought and continues to bring into our lives.

My intentions for this blog is to bring awareness to animal rescue and adoption. I have much to learn from the organizations involved and the dedicated volunteers who do this for the love of animals. I invite you visit my blog as I discover more about this cause and I welcome others to share their stories with me.



2 comments:

  1. nice blog! congrats to you :) all the dogs are amazing.... you're so lucky to still have Choby alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy, my hope is that more people give rescue animals a chance at a loving home.

    ReplyDelete