Thursday, May 23, 2013

Furever Pals' Goals


Hello my fellow animal lovers, I hope that all is well!

As I mentioned in my last post, my intentions are to bring awareness to animal rescue and adoption. I have a lot of ideas up my sleeve on the stories that I want to share with you guys, so stay tuned as they are a work in progress! However, before I start posting any further, l thought I should share my goals with you since I will need your help and support in achieving them.

My goal is to become an ambassador of animal rescue and adoption. More specifically, I want to:

·         Bring awareness to the fact that rescue animals make a great addition to families looking for pets.

·         Shine a light on the organizations involved in animal rescue and adoption, and help them find forever homes for animals in their care.

·         Inform potential adopting families of the adoption process and what to expect when adopting.

I want to clarify that I have learned a lot about this cause in doing some research of my own. However I have much to learn from the people and organizations involved in this cause.  Furever Pals will be the way that I share my new found knowledge with all of you and here is where I need your help.

I ask that you share my blog link with others in your social network, so that I can share this information with as many people as possible.

As a budding business analyst, thanks to Tom the Prof and a handful of other professors at George Brown, I will be using an incredible tool called Google Analytics . This is an amazing analytical tool that I have linked to my blog, and it will allow me measure metrics like number of visits, pages viewed per visit and average time on Furever Pals. What’s also amazing is that I can sort the data by dimensions - for example the source that referred the visit to my blog (e.g. facebook.com or Twitter.com ) or even the city or region from which people are viewing my blog from (I actually got some visitors from Indonesia and Russia checking out Furever Pals!)

What’s great about GA is that these metrics and dimensions are presented on graphs and tables, which assist me in monitoring and improving Furever Pals based on your visits, referrals and interaction with the blog.

So far the numbers are not the greatest, granted Furever Pals is a new comer to the virtual world and I have yet provide you with interesting tails. But with your help animal lovers, I can achieve positive results and bring more attention to rescue and adoption and help animals find forever homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment